The original Thomas Heiton came from Scotland to Dublin in 1818, to work in the coal and iron business. His firm grew from strength to strength, and was incorporated in 1896. Because coal was so important to Dublin social and business life, Heitons had by then become a household name. After the Second World War, the importation of coal into Ireland reached a peak and the decision was made to concentrate on the Steel side of the business. The housing boom of the late 1940's and 1950's gave the Steel Department a huge boost. Over the next twenty five years the firm changed tack and successfully re-established itself as a market leader in the steel arena.
Founded by Thomas Heiton. The business was established originally as a coal importer, where the business sat on George's Quay until 1978
The business diversifies by adding an iron department.
Heitons merges with McFerran and Guilford becoming Heiton McFerran. Plumbing and timber added to the product offering.
The new premises at Ashfield, on the Naas road, Dublin is constructed where the Main Nucleus of Heiton Steel still stands to this day.
Heitons acquires F&T Buckley and becomes Heiton Buckley
In 2004 Grafton Group PLC acquired Heiton Steel and today Heiton Steel trade as a destination brand of Chadwicks Group Ltd.
10,000m2 Asbestos Roof Refurbishment project. Installation of 510 solar panels which provides sustainable renewable energy for the site.